Amy Madison, Executive Director, joined Pflugerville Community Development Corporation in January 2014 and was appointed Director in February 2016. Previously, she served six years as CEO of the Greater San Marcos Partnership (GSMP), a quasi-public economic development organization serving Hays-Caldwell counties and seven cities. Madison founded the GSMP by successfully steering a $4M campaign to implement a five-year strategic economic development plan. She began her career in Oklahoma following completion of a bachelor’s degree in journalism from Phillips University. In Shawnee, she served as business development director for Gordon Cooper Vo-Tech School providing training, consulting and business support for over 60 existing-expanding companies in a three county area. She completed a master’s in mass communication from Oklahoma University and moved to Texas, joining the City of Schertz as economic development director for seven years. During her tenure, she helped establish a new industrial park and her recruiting efforts resulted in a 77% increase in city valuations. She is an OU/ EDI graduate, a Certified Economic Development Professional (CEcD), a Certified Economic Development Finance Professional (EDFP) and a Certified Public Manager (CPM).
- YTexas announces speakers and exhibitors for the 2022 YTexas Summit September 19, 2022
- YTexas Announces Title Sponsors for Upcoming 2022 YTexas Summit September 9, 2022
- ExteNet Systems moves HQ to Frisco August 30, 2022
- London-based data management tech firm Solidatus announces new Houston HQ, CEO August 22, 2022
- Specialty metals producer Allegheny Technologies moves headquarters to Texas, changes name June 23, 2022