Mary-Olga Lovett is Senior Vice President of Greenberg Traurig, with operational responsibilities for the firm’s Texas offices, and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Ms. Lovett concentrates her practice in intellectual property, commercial and complex litigation and has served as national trial counsel for Fortune 500 companies in a broad range of industries, including software, hardware, energy, healthcare, oilfield services, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and automotive components. In her practice as a first-chair trial lawyer with twenty-five years’ experience, she has tried cases to verdict involving a wide variety of issues, including patent infringement, theft of trade-secrets, commercial disputes, class actions, employment litigation, and product liability matters. She has tried cases to verdict in state and federal courts in more than twenty jurisdictions. She has also represented U.S. and international clients in appellate litigation before state and federal courts of appeals and the Texas Supreme Court.
In 2018, Mary-Olga was named one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas by Super Lawyers Magazine/Texas Monthly and one of the Top 100 Attorneys in Houston, and in 2016 she was named one of the Top 100 Lawyers in Texas. In 2017, she was named Best in Patent, by Euromoney’s Guide to the Leading Women in Business Law She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation, Managing IP magazine’s “IP Stars,” in which she has been recognized as one of the “Top 250 Women in IP,” and Euromoney’s Guide to the Leading Women in Business Law (2014-2016); she was also short-listed for “Best in Patent” by in Euromoney in 2016. She is a twelve-year member and Senior Life Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the qualifications for which are a minimum of twenty first-chair jury trials to verdict and peer election. She has been asked to present demonstrations of voir dire and closing arguments at three American Bar Association national meetings, and frequently lectures on trial and appellate advocacy at accredited CLE programs.
She recently launched the YouTube channel “Advice to A Young Trial Lawyer”. The channel features practical tips, favorite deposition video clips and actual trial transcript reenactments, and occasional special guests. Aimed at inspiring the next generation of trial lawyers, the channel draws on lessons learned from her 25 years of trying cases in state and federal courts in Texas and around the country.
Awards and Accolades
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2012-2019
- Winner, Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards, “Best in Patent,” 2017
- Shortlisted, 2016, 2018
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Texas Super Lawyers, 2005-2018
- Top 50 Woman Lawyers in Texas, 2015, 2016, and 2018
- Top 100 Lawyers in Houston, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018
- Top 100 Lawyers in Texas, 2016
- Corporate Counsel Edition, 2008-2010
- Rising Stars Edition, 2004
- Listed, Managing IP Magazine’s World IP Handbook and Survey, “IP Stars,” 2014, 2015, 2017-2018
- Listed, “IP Stars-Top 250 Women in IP,” 2013
- Listed, The Legal 500 United States, Dispute Resolution – General Commercial Disputes, 2018
- Selected, Houston Business Journal, “Women Who Mean Business – Outstanding Leaders in Law,” 2018
- Shortlisted, Euromoney’s Expert Guides: Women in Business Law, “Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law, 2016, “Best in Patent”
- Listed, Euromoney’s Expert Guides: Women in Business Law, “Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law,” 2014-2017
- Elected Member and Senior Life Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
Mary-Olga is admitted to practice at the Supreme Court of the United States and in the states of Texas and New York. She is also admitted to the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth, Ninth, Tenth and Federal Circuits as well as the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas.