Kent Newsome, Co-Managing Shareholder of the Houston office and Chair of the firm’s Texas Real Estate Practice, has more than 30 years of experience that includes commercial real estate, real estate development, health care acquisitions and development, financing transactions, and general business law.
Kent regularly represents owners, developers and users of commercial, retail, industrial, and farm and ranch properties in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, management, operation and sale of income producing properties, including office buildings, shopping centers and manufacturing facilities. He represents lessors and lessees in the negotiation of commercial, retail and industrial leases. He also represents owners, developers and operators of health care facilities including hospitals, medical office buildings and surgery centers.
Awards and Accolades:
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2003-2019
- Listed, Chambers USA Guide, 2003-2018
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-2018
- Team Member, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010, 2013 and 2017-2018
- Team Member, a U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, “Law Firm of the Year” in Real Estate Law, 2015
- Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, “Top Tier” Firm in Real Estate, 2013 and 2014
- Team Member, a Law360 “Real Estate Practice Group of the Year,” 2011-2013 and 2015
- Listed, Euromoney Institutional Investor’s Real Estate Expert Guide “Best Real Estate Lawyers in the World”
- Listed, Chambers USA Guide “Best Real Estate Lawyers in Texas”
- Listed, H Texas magazine, “Super Lawyers”
- Listed, Who’s Who Legal
- Listed, Texas’ Best Lawyers
- Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
Kent earned his J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School and his B.A. from Wake Forest University. He is admitted to practice in the state of Texas.