Demetrius McDaniel is the Co-Regional Operating Shareholder of Texas and Chair of the firm’s Texas Government Law & Policy Practice. Demetrius counsels and provides advocacy for Fortune 500 and other large private and public sector clients on federal, state and local legal and public policy matters. His broad knowledge of federal and state government allows him to collaboratively develop strategies to help clients address complex problems that have a government origin or nexus. Demetrius consults with clients on their strategic objectives and provides advice on important issues that may impact their business opportunities, increase their compliance with laws and regulations, and assist them in building internal systems to proactively address potential problems with all levels of government.
Prior to joining the firm, Demetrius worked in several capacities as a special assistant to a statewide official and as a legislative assistant to a member of the Texas legislature, which enabled him to gain knowledge about the workings of Texas state government. After his work in state government for seven years, Demetrius joined a major international law firm. During his almost 20 years at that firm he rose to the level of capital partner, and he represented many of the firm’s major clients on significant issues before the executive and legislative branches of federal and state government. His long tenure in working with federal and state officials has provided him with exceptional knowledge and skills to represent clients on a wide variety of issues.
Awards and Accolades:
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Administrative / Regulatory Law; Government Relations Practice, 2007-2019
- “Lawyer of the Year” in Government Relations Practice, Austin, 2016
- Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-2004 and 2016-2018
- Listed, “Top Lobbyist and Influencer,” Lawyers of Color & On Being a Black Lawyer, 2014
- Team Member, a U.S. News – Best Lawyers®, “Law Firm of the Year,” Government Relations, 2014
- Ranked, Tier 1 – Government Relations, Austin Metropolitan Area
- Listed, “Top Lawyers/Lobbyists in Texas,” Texas Power Lobby Rankings, 2003-2013
- Listed, Texas’ Best Lawyers, 2009-2010
- Named, “Best of Business Law,” Austin Business Journal, June/July 2004