Bob Mong is in his third year as President of the University of North Texas at Dallas and recently had his contract extended by three years by the UNT System Board of Regents. During his time at UNT Dallas, the school has experienced record enrollment, retention and graduation growth. Bob arrived at UNT Dallas after nearly 40 years in journalism, most of it spent at The Dallas Morning News, where he served as both managing editor and editor-in-chief. During his time in news leadership, the paper won 9 Pulitzer Prizes and was Pulitzer finalist another 16 times. In 2004, Bob was named the national Empathy Award winner by the Volunteers of America, recognizing an individual whose work has improved the communities they serve. He is married to Diane Reischel, a former reporter at the Los Angeles Times, and has a son in his third year of medical school and a daughter in divinity school.
Friday, Oct 6 | 9am-2pm AT&T Stadium | Arlington, TX
- The Story of Firefly Aerospace in Texas September 14, 2023
- Arlington’s National Medal of Honor Museum to Open YTexas Summit August 13, 2023
- Site Selection Magazine tells the Texas Story at the 2023 YTexas Summit July 3, 2023
- Can 300 Companies Change the Trajectory of the Texas Workforce Challenge? March 14, 2023
- Landsea Homes Moving Headquarters From California to Texas March 8, 2023