Bob Mong is in his third year as President of the University of North Texas at Dallas and recently had his contract extended by three years by the UNT System Board of Regents. During his time at UNT Dallas, the school has experienced record enrollment, retention and graduation growth. Bob arrived at UNT Dallas after nearly 40 years in journalism, most of it spent at The Dallas Morning News, where he served as both managing editor and editor-in-chief. During his time in news leadership, the paper won 9 Pulitzer Prizes and was Pulitzer finalist another 16 times. In 2004, Bob was named the national Empathy Award winner by the Volunteers of America, recognizing an individual whose work has improved the communities they serve. He is married to Diane Reischel, a former reporter at the Los Angeles Times, and has a son in his third year of medical school and a daughter in divinity school.
- YTexas announces speakers and exhibitors for the 2022 YTexas Summit September 19, 2022
- YTexas Announces Title Sponsors for Upcoming 2022 YTexas Summit September 9, 2022
- ExteNet Systems moves HQ to Frisco August 30, 2022
- London-based data management tech firm Solidatus announces new Houston HQ, CEO August 22, 2022
- Specialty metals producer Allegheny Technologies moves headquarters to Texas, changes name June 23, 2022