By Hugh Forrest, Chief Programming Officer – SXSW
March 9, 2017
March Magic begins today at the Austin Convention Center. Ten last-minute tips to make the most of your time at this year’s event.
- Watch the 2017 SXSW badge video. We’ve improved the badge system for this year’s event and this two-minute video gives you all the info that you need to know about these changes.
- Pick up your badge at Palmer. Badge pickup opens at 9:00 am on March 9 on the first floor of the Austin Convention Center. But, if you live in Austin, take advantage of satellite registration at the Palmer (900 Barton Spring Road), where you will find shorter lines and lots of parking. Satellite registration open March 9 and March 10 only.
- Its not too late to create your gameplan for SXSW success. What do you want to achieve over the next few days? Spend 30 minutes browsing the online schedule to come up with a strategy to accomplish these goals. Use the search button at the top right corner of the interface to improve your navigation of all the options.
- Attend the Cory Richards keynote at 2:00 pm on March 10. SXSW is all about creativity and inspiration — hence we are so excited about this presentation from the award-winning photographer (pictured above) at 2:00 pm on Friday, March 10 in Ballroom D in the Austin Convention Center. Also, stay tuned to this space over the next few days for more cool content recommendations.
- SXSW embraces artificial intelligence with Abby. The new SXSW chatbot is here to answer all of your event-related questions!
- Venture outside of your comfort zone. Make the most of your March Magic experience by embracing the unfamiliar.
- Relax relax relax. Do you miss the panel that you really wanted to see? No need to panic because this is SXSW! Enjoy the dozens of other incredible opportunities for content, discovery, networking and serendipity. Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment!
- Chill out at the Zen Den. Need some calm amidst the storm? New for 2017 is the Zen Den on the 5th floor of JW Marriott. Open March 10–14. No gadgets. No loud music. No sales pitches. No bright lights. Just lots and lots of tranquil vibes.
- Don’t forget to eat! Fantastic food options make SXSW even more fun!
- If you love something, set it free. Got friends who don’t have a badge? Remind them of SXSW Create, the free workshops at AT&T, the SXSW Job Market, ATX Startup Crawl and all the other amazing events that don’t require a badge for admittance.
If you haven’t bought your badge yet for SXSW 2017, click here to do so. Watch the website for more updates about this year’s event!